Thursday, November 24, 2011

Still here!

Yes, I know it's been awhile.  I've added myself to Face Book, Twitter, and joined the M&C team with the Sin City chapter of the 'Occupy' movement. Yes, it is true; I am a congressional hopeful for 2012, NOT a candidate just yet.

In recent months I have taken careful note of the events occurring in my state and I have to tell you, Nevada is amok with idiocy.  My opinion of my country's leadership has not changed, either.  I still think they are a soup-sandwich!  To date, our congress is still using U.S. tax dollars to:

1) Fund illegal wars and usurpations around the world in gross violation of the Geneva Conventions

2) Give $$ to the banks, auto industry, and insurance companies just so they can go on to make even MORE profits, while still laying off Americans and giving those jobs to cheap foreign labor markets

AND......

3) line their own pockets with graft from big corporations.

I was right about the posts I published about Bush and his cronies, I saw this shit storm coming seven years ago and nobody wanted to hear it in my proximity. I bet they're listening now because the events of the past five years will affect them too at some point.

The purpose of the 'occupy' movement is to alert the masses of what our congress is doing, and not doing.  Our U.S. congress have allowed themselves to be bought out with no inkling as to the storm that is brewing among citizens who are unemployed, homeless, or underemployed.  Those are referred to as the 99%, and the 1% are looking, and acting, to oppress the 99% with ambiguous laws, backroom votes and deals, and just general chicanery.  Around 18 years ago, Bill Clinton signed NAFTA into law; corporations lauded it as a future of good wages and a better quality of life for Americans....but they failed to say which Americans, didn't they? We have too many millionaires in public office (Mayor Bloomberg is a BILLIONAIRE, by-the-way), who are terrified of losing their hold on the 99% and are relying on the ignorant masses to turn a blind eye to what they are really doing and what they really want.  What do our public officials really want for themselves?  To be established as lifetime rulers, that's what they want.  No more voting rights for the common citizen, no more democracy, no more liberty, and no future financial security for the people that worked for over 50 years who paid into that fund that congress has all, but, emptied into their own coffers.

Remember this; Government's job is to ensure the best jobs, wages, and quality of life for the citizens they are representing.  Are they doing what they took an oath to do?  I think not.  Our governing body bears more of a resemblence to a ruling party than responsible government.  Here's a passage from our own Declaration of Independence, figure it out for yourselves:

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: